Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Time I Fell Sick

I recently fell ill. It wasn't fun at all cos at first, I had the runny nose and the cough for weeks. Abah and Mama had taken me to the pedi and I had been good, taking all the medicine and all. But I didn't completely recover from them. And then, last Friday a nasty fever started. I was so hot I made Jessica Alba look ... not hot. Mama said my temperature hovered around 39 deg. At around 4am Saturday morning, it was actually nearer 40 deg and that's when the folks decided to bundle me up to NUH's Children's Emergency.

The doc there said I probably had chest infection or something, I can't remember. What I do remember is that the place has got to be one of the most boring waiting areas I have ever been to! One miserable toy nailed down to a table. Oh well. So I settled on Abah's lap while he read Men's Health magazine. Thank God I was feeling a lot better after a couple of hours and cooled down. And while I was feeling woozy, Abah and Mama slapped one of them silly-looking plasters on my forehead to keep my temp down.

It's been several days since NUH now, but I guess I'm at the tail-end of this fever saga cos I broke out in these spotty red ... spots, yesterday. They're not itchy or anything and I know I look funny, but I feel fine, sleepin' ok and in a fine mood to make a mess anytime. Actually, I'm just lookin' forward to going for a nice walk this weekend with my parents to maybe ... Bedok Jetty @ East Coast. Yah, Bedok Jetty. Later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fadzilah said...

Ooh, sorry to hear you got sick, Ayman. We're all glad you're feeling so much better. It happens a lot to little babies, so you (and Mum & Dad)better get used to it. How's that for cheering you up?
Lots of luv,
Bibik Mob

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home